The non-profit non-governmental organization Jasa, was founded in 1997 with the aim to actively “co-shape” the society by intervening the areas relevant for a quality wellbeing: environment, ethics, human rights, consumerism … (in short: sustainable development and active citizenship).
The main area of work is raising awareness and finding solutions to important social and environmental problems. Jasa’s field of expertise is in information dissemination and two-way communication through narrative literature, strengthened by high artistic illustration. Jasa cooperates with the most established Slovenian experts in the field of education, writing and art of painting. The transfer media, which Jasa uses for raising knowledge and awareness, is high quality art book.
Jasa is cooperating with more than 500 Slovenian companies, more than 100 Slovenian municipalities, with most important Slovenian Ministries and development institutions as well as with all Slovenian primary schools (451), all kindergartens (402) and high schools (183). Yearly around 22.000 people is involved in Jasa’s projects. These strong national contacts make Jasa not only a reliable partner for achieving high project results, but also guarantee a wide dissemination effect from a low to the top level. Jasa has also cooperated in specific international EU projects.
Quite a few recognitions has Jasa received during its existence: for innovation in teaching techniques from Finance magazine and ASI (Slovenian Inventors’ Centre); for voluntary work a commendation from the President of the Republic and from Viva magazine; the first prize from The Centre of the Republic of Slovenia for Mobility and European Educational and Training Programmes (CMEPIUS).
List of implemented projects:
- Company and Life, project focusing on ethically acceptable behaviour of SMEs
- Soul of Slovenia, project focusing on Slovenian culture and intangible heritage
- Where do you go, Europe? – project focusing on European values
- Being Human is our Job – project focusing on the main moral values that every citizen should have
- Earth has a Heart – project for children about protecting the environment…
List of the most important books:
- CLOTHING AND FASHION (the culture of dressing for adults)
- FREEDOM AT THE EXAM (Is my freedom restricted or limitless; about human rights and obligations)
- SOUL OF SLOVENIA (beautiful features of the Slovenian nation through literary works of the best writers and art painters. The book is truly a personal card of Slovenia’s soul. It is translated to English.
Authors of Jasa’s books and projects are most famous Slovenian woman artist and scientists:
Poets or writers: Neža Maurer, Ifigenija Simonović, Maja Vidmar, Berta Golob, Aksinja Kermauner, Zvezdana Majhen, Bina Štampe Žmavc, Zvezdana Mlakar, Janja Vidmar, Matea Reba, Majda Koren, Erica Johnson Debeljak …
Painters: Maja Šubic, Tina Perko, Jelka Godec Schmidt, Daša Simčič, Anja Kranjc …
Singers-actors: Tanja Ribič, Alenka Godec, Ljoba Jenče, Maja Boh – Hočevar, Alenka Tetičkovič …
Scientists: Lučka Kajfež Bogataj (ecologist), Vesna Godina (anthropologic), Spomenka Hribar (philosopher) …
Workshops for women
At the book launch Clothing and fashion (2006); we carried out in cooperation with the municipalities workshops for young women and women teachers – in order to present seductive traps of the fashion industry.
Jasa Association – Društvo Jasa
FB: Jasa Association
President of the association: Mateja Jamnik, M.Sc.
Tel: 00386 41 767 228
Fb Jasa: https://www.facebook.com/Dru%C5%A1tvo-Jasa-107372359452594/
Project Slovenia has a heart https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWUDMwEp6QU