The Lawaetz-Foundation is a non-profit organisation which was founded in 1986 by the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg.
The Foundation is active in various areas of labour market, social and urban development policy. Core activities entail
- consulting and project management,
- building and neighbourhood management,
- technical assistance of programme implementation,
- evaluation, applied research and knowledge transfer, as well as
- cooperation within European exchange projects (mainly regarding the issue of social exclusion).
The practical work of the Department Consulting, Evaluation and Transfer, which will take part in URBACT-projects, focuses mainly on
- research on the basis of primary and secondary data analysis,
- the evaluation of EU-sponsored programmes;
- programme assistance on labour market- and social policy interventions with regard to implementation, monitoring, and documentation;
- consulting to policy-makers, administration and organisations on the planning and controlling of programmes and instruments; and on
- transfer of knowledge, action approaches, best practice models in the regional, national and transnational context.
The Lawaetz was partner of several transnational projects funded by EU-programs like DAPHNE, URBACT, INTERREG, EQUAL; NOW and others.
Dr. Ulrich Schenck
Telephone: +49 40 / 39 99 36-56